Thursday, April 30, 2015

star wars oc character mj // pencil and colored pencil

Okay, sorry I've disappeared for a few days.

   I said I'd have some digital art to show you. And I do, though it's not finished yet, which is why I'm posting this instead.

   But yeah, the tablet's going great! It's not as difficult to transition from traditional to digital as I thought it would be, though you've really got to watch which layer you're on when you're drawing...

   But anyway, this alien (Togrutan, actually. You may know the species, like Ahsoka Tano or Shaak Ti?) girl is an OC (original character) of mine, nicknamed MJ (real name Magenta). I've placed her in the Star Wars galaxy, when the Empire is reigning with an iron fist. She's sweet, curious, and always wants to help, though she does have an odd line of work... she helps her 'dad' (not her real dad, but the guy who's raising her) during school break, who happens to be a professional bounty hunter. She's good with tech and a blaster, though never takes a life unless it's necessary.


    I drew this to kind of prove to myself that I could still do portraits, since I hadn't drawn something like this in a while. I also wanted to work with my colored pencils some more.

   I'm pleased with how it turned out, just like I pictured it. I have no real face reference to go off of, though I did use my own eye-shape as a reference. I used some photos of Ahsoka as a guide to her montrals (head-tale-things), which were a complete joy to color and shape.


   To distingish her from the popular jedi padawan of Masker Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano, I've colored her more red than Ahsoka's orange. Her montrals have different markings also. I've tried different facial markings, but ended up with a simple (and rather similar) eyebrows, cheek defining markings, and an arrow shaped going down her forehead. I'm not quite settled on those, I'm still experimenting with different looks. I also added green eyes, compared to Ahsoka's bright blue ones.

   Anyway, I hope you like this portrait, you'll probably be seeing more art of this OC in the future. I'm working on my digital art, I'll try and have something to show you by the next time I post.

Sincerely,
Darrion

2 comments:

Thank you for commenting! I love comments, so feel free to leave as many as you like, but keep it clean, please.
~Darrion~