Tuesday, June 30, 2015

self-portrait // pencil

Hey guys!

   Now, I'm not very comfortable with doing self-portraits. It's hard because you know your face so well that if you get something wrong, you can totally tell.

   Well, I'm pretty happy with this one, though I did get some things wrong (the eyes turned out a little big). This was drawn before I got my hair cut shorter (I like the flowyness of it here).


    I drew this by using a mirror I got from Ikea not long ago. It was hard to use it, though, because I kept looking up at the mirror and back down at the page, changing my position and expression in the process. Which isn't great when you're trying to line things up. But the hair was pretty hard, I'm not used to dealing with so much of it (this portrait was larger than my usual size, though I'm trying to go bigger).


   Over all, I'm pretty happy with it. I think I'm going to do a little series of portraits (make use of that mirror, D!).

   Also, I'm going to try entering some art into the fair again :) So is Willow, I think. So watch out for that post! We'll see how that turns out...

Sincerely,
Darrion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love comments, so feel free to leave as many as you like, but keep it clean, please.
~Darrion~