Monday, December 22, 2014

Fili and Kili - I'll be home for Christmas pencil drawing

Ho, ho, ho, Merry (almost) Christmas!

   Okay, this time of year has been a bit less Christmasy than usual, seeing that the Hobbit's tearful ending happened just a week before Christmas Day.

   But other than that, I have been thinking that these two things (Hobbits and Holidays) should not be apart as they are. Other than people saying "it's the most wonderful time of the year" with the cover of the Hobbit on it, I haven't seen so much Christmas cheer in the fandom these days.

   Though there's not much to be cheerful about. I mean, salty tears in the air do not induce cheer.

   And to add to those mixed Christmas feelings, I've done a drawing for you. It's suppose to be from the Battle of the Five Armies. Yes, I do know that in the movie this is not how it all rolled out, but for a moment let's forget about that and use our imaginations.

   I've got another "in memory of" pencil drawing for Fili I'm working on now, so keep an eye out for that.

   The medium I used was pencil, though I think maybe someday I'll re-do it in charcoal.


I'll be home for Christmas
if only in my dreams

   This song has always been sad for me. And now, it's even sadder. Kili promised his mum he'd be home for Christmas. But they were home, for the last time, they were home.

Merry Christmas,
Darrion

2 comments:

  1. D, THIS IS GORGEOUS. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. It gives me the feels, though. :( Anyway, Merry Christmas! {er, almost Christmas :D}.

    -Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hope! I completely understand, I drew it and it gives ME feels :') And a Merry Christmas to you (and a happy New Year)!
      ~D

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love comments, so feel free to leave as many as you like, but keep it clean, please.
~Darrion~